Every service Gastón provides comes with not only the highest level of skill and attention to detail money can buy, but it also comes with a bit of education about how to care for your new hairstyle. Color, extensions, perms, chemical treatments… they all have rules that should be followed after your appointment to help keep your hair looking its best. Gastón has the education and experience to teach you the dos and don’ts of haircare to maximize your new look. Gastón has provided some guidelines below, and they’re printable! Check out the information below!
Rules for Color
- Do not wash your hair for at least two days (48 hours) after you receive a color treatment. This applies to all natural colors, including blondes. If you have brighter colors or fashion shades, please wait three days (72 hours) before washing your hair. If you have undergone a color correction, avante garde color, or two chemical services in a row, you may be given a special regimen. Please follow it carefully!
- Do not shampoo aggressively! When the bottle says rinse and repeat, please do not repeat. Also, please do not shampoo more than 3-4 times a week, and only when needed. Remember that all shampoo fades color over time, so only cleanse when needed. Condition as much as you want with the recommended product!
- Use cold water! There is never an instance where you should use hot water on your hair. It is dulling, unhealthy, and over time it makes your trademark color fade considerably. Remember, if your shower is a comfortable temperature, then it’s too hot!
Rules for Perms
- Do not shampoo your hair or get it wet for the next three days (72 hours) or longer. Please try and wear the curl given as long as possible for the set to maintain and harden.
- For the first week, do not style or straighten your hair, pull your hair back behind your ears, lay glasses on your crown, pull your hair into a tight pony tail or braids, and avoid any stretching of the perm as it may weaken the curl and cause it to lose its shape.
- After the first week, cleanse and condition your hair with moisturizing shampoos and avoid any protein-based products as these may alter the curl structure.
Rules for Extensions
Temporary: These extensions clip in and do not wear well overnight. They need to come off daily and be cared for only the day you want to wear them. Great for a special night out or just to add some extra style to your finish. You can reuse them and style them just like your own hair. The wefts are thick and heavy and provide the least amount of comfort.
Semi-Permanent: These extensions are tape-in and offer more durability than the temporary clip-ons. The hair itself is real human hair and can last up to 4-6 weeks without retouch. This is the best choice for someone that needs more volume or length fast! The wefts are slim and offer much more comfort than clip-ins.
Permanent: These are the most durable of all extensions. Permanent extensions add length, fullness, and can even change your color! I offer micro-extension bead work that can last up to three months. All extensions are hand-made and use the best quality virgin human hair. These bonds are the smallest and most natural looking of all extension types. Using both silicone and aluminum to adhere the hair in place, these extensions offer the best comfort and wearability. Luxuriously long hair overnight! You will be a star!
- Tape-in: $30 for each packet. (One placed on each side of hair weft)
- Clip-in: Offered only in sets, starting at $200 for one color. Price will vary according to the color and length.
Microbeading: Four dollars for each bead (for labor), $4-10 for the hair (length and color will affect the final price.) An average head will use anywhere between 100-300 beads depending on the desired result. To initiate this service, you will need to set up a consultation first and remit a non-refundable deposit of $300 for the hair and reservation. This deposit will be credited back to you when the service is complete.* This service is very time consuming and you will be in the chair for at least 4 hours on the initial service. Total behind the chair time for a full set of microbeading typically takes 12-16 hours. Please be prepared for this time investment.
*Because of special ordering and blocked time, NO refunds will be given for skipped appointments or cancellations made outside of the 72-hour period leading up to your reservation.